At Pan-United, we believe in making a positive impact on the environment through continuous innovation of our concrete solutions and technology offerings. As a building materials provider, we have an upstream role to play in reducing embodied carbon emissions in the built environment besides efforts to minimise energy use and waste.
We have structured our sustainability efforts within a circular economy model that serves as our guide to constructively upcycle waste, and become regenerative within the system.
our sustainability goals.
with like-minded partners, with whom we can unlock synergies and develop novel sustainability solutions and accelerate the pace of achieving net-zero carbon emissions for all.
awareness of the possibilities and benefits in using low-carbon concrete products in the industry through a wide variety of speaking engagements.
up to 270kg CO2 emission from being released into the atmosphere, for every cubic metre of low-carbon concrete that we produce.
our employees through targeted training programmes effective performance appraisal system.
Our Key Stakeholders
We believe that stakeholder engagement is key to sustainable growth and successful long-term relationships. We identify our stakeholders by assessing their reliance on, involvement with, and influence on our business.
Read more about how we engage our stakeholders here.
Sustainable Development Goals at Pan-United
These goals provide us with a direction and framework to tackle key global challenges. Each goal comprises of multiple targets that are in turn accompanied by specific metrics to facilitate the measurement of progress. We have mapped the SDGs that we can impact through our practices.
The infographic highlights our implementation of the SDGs in our business:
Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation.
9.4: By 2030, upgrade infrastructure and retrofit industries to make them sustainable, with increased resource-use efficiency and greater adoption of clean and environmentally sound technologies and industrial processes, with all countries taking action in accordance with their respective capabilities.
- Partnered with 12 other ecosystem players to explore a testbed to accelerate industry adoption of carbon capture & utilisation (CCU) technologies
- Collaborated with Keppel Data Centres, Chevron and Surbana Jurong, to jointly develop the Carbon Capture, Utilisation and Storage (CCUS) system in Singapore
Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable.
11.6: By 2030, reduce the adverse per capita environmental impact of cities, including by paying special attention to air quality and municipal and other waste management.
- Incorporating recycled raw materials, upcycled waste materials and CCU technologies to produce specialised low-carbon concrete
Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns.
12.5: By 2030, substantially reduce waste generation through prevention, reduction, recycling and reuse.
12.6: Encourage companies, especially large and transnational companies, to adopt sustainable practices and to integrate sustainability information into their reporting cycle.
- Developers can plan to reduce the embodied carbon upfront by choosing to use low-carbon concrete for the construction of superstructures and substructures
- ESG reporting ensures tracking of sustainability targets and practices
Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development.
17.17: Promote the development, transfer, dissemination and diffusion of environmentally sound technologies to developing countries on favourable terms, including on concessional and preferential terms, as mutually agreed.
- Partnerships with research organisations & academia
Water & Waste Management
Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all.
6.3: By 2030, improve water quality by reducing pollution, eliminating dumping and minimising release of hazardous chemicals and materials, halving the proportion of untreated wastewater and substantially increasing recycling and safe reuse globally.
- Treat & reuse wastewater through water recycling and rainwater harvesting
Occupational Health & Safety
Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages.
3.4: By 2030, reduce by one-third premature mortality from non- communicable diseases through prevention, treatment and promotion of mental health and well-being.
- Safe management measures, work-from-home arrangement to prevent COVID-19 transmission
- Provided financial assistance, daily meals & accommodation to employees affected by the COVID-19 situation
Diversity & Inclusion
Safety Amidst the Pandemic
Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all.
8.5: By 2030, achieve full and productive employment and decent work for all women and men, including for young.
8.8: Protect labour rights and promote safe and secure working environments for all workers, including migrant workers, in particular woman migrants, and those in precarious employment.
- Taking care of over 900 employees across the Group.
- No retrenchment of staff during pandemic
- Support the growth and career development of employees through effective performance appraisals and training programmes to upskill them
Regulatory & Legal Compliance
Our relationships with our employees and customers are built on trust. To ensure we always maintain integrity and transparency in all matters, we implement governance policies and procedures that we strictly abide by.
We are subject to regulations established by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM), the National Environment Agency (NEA) and the Singapore Exchange (SGX).
Pan-United is a member of
- Waste Management Recycling Association of Singapore (WMRAS) Singapore Green Building Council (SGBC)
- Singapore Concrete Institute
- American Concrete Institute (Singapore Chapter)
- Ready Mixed Concrete Association of Singapore
- The Concrete Society Ltd
- The Singapore Contractors Association Ltd
- Tunnelling and Underground Construction Society (Singapore)
- Business Council for Sustainable Development Singapore (Founding Member)
For more information, read our Sustainability Report here.